POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeling programs : Re: modeling programs Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modeling programs
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 26 Nov 1999 05:45:55
Message: <383e64e3@news.povray.org>
See <hel### [at] toolcitynet> wrote:
:    Thanks for the suggestion. I eventually do want to do my own code, but
: since I'm just..(and I mean JUST) starting out, I want to play a little bit
: before I settle into learning all the finer points.

  This is only my opinion:
  I think that it's more difficult to learn the povray scripting language
if you first accustom yourself to a modeller (like moray). The reason is
that you become lazy in many things with the modeller and the more time
you spend with the modeller, the harder it will be to start to learn the
scripting language. It's just so much easier to use the modeller...

  As I said, it's only my opinion. I have used moray quite a lot and know
it pretty well, but still I make about 99.9% of my images by hand.
  It helps a lot if you know well some programming language.