POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeling programs : Re: modeling programs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modeling programs
From: omniVERSE
Date: 12 Jan 2000 18:31:32
Message: <387d0ed4@news.povray.org>
The definition of a POV primitive is all the primary shapes (blob,
julia_fractal, lathe, etc. included) prior to any other modifications such as
until using them in CSG, when they become non-primitive.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong anyone.
Anyway, yes, the consensus shows there is more to POV-Ray than could be
constrained to a single modeling program, not meaning there aren't real good
ones to use though.  It's just that when it comes to the idiosyncrosy nothing
else will do except to go into the pov scripting.  Math used for special
texturing or object motion might be a good example.

Bob