POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : AMD K6-2 and PovRay Server Time
6 Sep 2024 16:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  AMD K6-2 and PovRay (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Urmas Lipso
Subject: AMD K6-2 and PovRay
Date: 31 Oct 1998 09:07:39
Message: <363B1992.33B5@online.ee>
Hi !
	Does anybody know anything about PovRay support for AMD
K6-2 fancy addons called 3DNow! or something..
I upgraded recently from P120 to K6-2 266 and would like to get most
of it (although the speed difference is already some 3-4 times).
Tried to look for a patch or something, but K6-2 is nowhere mentioned.
(Haven't downloaded 3.1 yet, so please don't hit me if 3DNow! support
is included there, at least I didn't found it in description)
								UL

Post a reply to this message

Sorry, kirjutan inglise keeles, muidu teised ei saa aru...

As far as I know, 3DNow technology does not (and cannot) have any effect on
raytracers like POV (just like 3D accelerator cards). It only affects 3D games,
(possibly) VRML and other such stuff. These things are very different from
raytracing.
Btw. I would be happy with 266Mhz even without 3DNow - my 120Mhz486 kinda sucks
;)

Margus

Urmas Lipso wrote:

> Hi !
>         Does anybody know anything about PovRay support for AMD
> K6-2 fancy addons called 3DNow! or something..
> I upgraded recently from P120 to K6-2 266 and would like to get most
> of it (although the speed difference is already some 3-4 times).
> Tried to look for a patch or something, but K6-2 is nowhere mentioned.
> (Haven't downloaded 3.1 yet, so please don't hit me if 3DNow! support
> is included there, at least I didn't found it in description)
>                                                                 UL

Post a reply to this message