POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : AMD K6-2 and PovRay : Re: AMD K6-2 and PovRay Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AMD K6-2 and PovRay
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 31 Oct 1998 20:30:24
Message: <363BB9E9.B70C48B8@peak.edu.ee>
Tere, Urmas!
Sorry, kirjutan inglise keeles, muidu teised ei saa aru...

As far as I know, 3DNow technology does not (and cannot) have any effect on
raytracers like POV (just like 3D accelerator cards). It only affects 3D games,
(possibly) VRML and other such stuff. These things are very different from
raytracing.
Btw. I would be happy with 266Mhz even without 3DNow - my 120Mhz486 kinda sucks
;)

Margus