POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Starfield Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Starfield (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ron Nicholls
Subject: Starfield
Date: 7 Jun 1998 22:17:45
Message: <357B49C9.1EA5@ozemail.com.au>
Does anyone know how to map a "stars.inc" starfield
onto the sky sphere

Regards RonN

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeff
Subject: Re: Starfield
Date: 5 Aug 1998 17:22:47
Message: <35c8bf17.0@news.povray.org>
>Does anyone know how to map a "stars.inc" starfield
>onto the sky sphere

Render it and use it as a texture man

Post a reply to this message

From: K  Tyler
Date: 5 Aug 1998 20:55:08
Message: <35C8E29F.F5381088@pacbell.net>
You can not use a texture in a sky_sphere statement.

    You can on the other hand copy the pigment portion
out of which ever star type you want and use that in a
pigment statement with the sky_sphere.

There is only one thing you may include and that is pigments.
You may not use or do the following with sky_spheres:

1.)  finish's
2.)  textures
3.)  normals
4.)  interiors
5.)  halo's
6.) use multiple copies of it
7.) apply csg's to it
8.) give it away to friends

or anything else your probably think I missed.

Remember the sky_sphere is a virtual object and has
no real world physical characteristics.
(hum! real world in a computer?)
It's basically a glorified background light source.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Happy raytracing.

K.Tyler

Post a reply to this message