POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Starfield : Re: Starfield Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starfield
From: Josh English
Date: 6 Aug 1998 12:15:20
Message: <35C9D6D7.ABB4C23E@spiritone.com>
sBecaseu of the shortcomings of the Sky_sphere I use more outdated
methods, I declare a unit sphere and sacel it big, making it hollow so I
can use fog and halos and what not.  The only pitfall is that your
objeccts can cast shadows on it but since my scenes don't put the camera
near any lightsource, I rarely run into the problem. Playing with the
diffuse and brilliance values can help avoid this as well

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english