POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Starfield : Re: Starfield Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starfield
From: Josh English
Date: 7 Aug 1998 11:26:08
Message: <35CB1CD0.CFBB7A46@spiritone.com>
The main shortcoming is that you can't make it hollow, and it isn't hollow be
default, so Halos and Fog wont work. This may be different in 3.1, but I haven't
looked into that too much yet. Complete Textures aren't always necesary, but
I've been tempted to build clouds on the sky sphere and add a normal
statement...so I have to fake it. I realize that it's supposed to be a more
interesting background than the Background statement, but I think it would be
cool to be able to do more with it...imagine a sky that glows with ambience.....

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english