POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : My first render (my first problem) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:57:34 EDT (-0400)
  My first render (my first problem) (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: palom
Subject: My first render (my first problem)
Date: 9 Feb 2006 01:35:01
Message: <web.43eae28b65b0bef67a2179180@news.povray.org>
I read up on the documentation and have gained a general knowledge of the
code.  My problem is I cannot render anything.  The documentation merely
says

, "That's it! We close the file and render a small picture of it using
whatever methods you used for your particular platform. If you specified a
preview display it will appear on your screen. If you specified an output
file (the default is file output on), then POV-Ray also created a file."

My render buttons are all grayed out.  I read through some other people's
messages and managed to bring up the render que, then i added one of the
projects and hit start rendering from que which lighted up after i brought
up the que window.  What happened was it merely brought up my code and
beeped.  I tried rendering the demos and such to receive the same results.
If someone could help me as to the way to start rendering, I'm a complete
noob..

I'm running on a PowerBook G4, Version 10.4.4, 1.67 GHz processor, 1GB DDR
SDRAM

whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated...

Post a reply to this message

> I read up on the documentation and have gained a general knowledge of the
> code.  My problem is I cannot render anything.  The documentation merely
> says
>
> , "That's it! We close the file and render a small picture of it using
> whatever methods you used for your particular platform. If you specified a
> preview display it will appear on your screen. If you specified an output
> file (the default is file output on), then POV-Ray also created a file."
>
> My render buttons are all grayed out.  I read through some other people's
> messages and managed to bring up the render que, then i added one of the
> projects and hit start rendering from que which lighted up after i brought
> up the que window.  What happened was it merely brought up my code and
> beeped.  I tried rendering the demos and such to receive the same results.
> If someone could help me as to the way to start rendering, I'm a complete
> noob..
>
> I'm running on a PowerBook G4, Version 10.4.4, 1.67 GHz processor, 1GB DDR
> SDRAM
>
> whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated...

any error(s) in the "messages" windows ?

Post a reply to this message

kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> In article <web.43eae28b65b0bef67a2179180@news.povray.org>,
>  "palom" <jor### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I read up on the documentation and have gained a general knowledge of the
> > code.  My problem is I cannot render anything.  The documentation merely
> > says
> >
> > , "That's it! We close the file and render a small picture of it using
> > whatever methods you used for your particular platform. If you specified a
> > preview display it will appear on your screen. If you specified an output
> > file (the default is file output on), then POV-Ray also created a file."
> >
> > My render buttons are all grayed out.  I read through some other people's
> > messages and managed to bring up the render que, then i added one of the
> > projects and hit start rendering from que which lighted up after i brought
> > up the que window.  What happened was it merely brought up my code and
> > beeped.  I tried rendering the demos and such to receive the same results.
> > If someone could help me as to the way to start rendering, I'm a complete
> > noob..
> >
> > I'm running on a PowerBook G4, Version 10.4.4, 1.67 GHz processor, 1GB DDR
> > SDRAM
> >
> > whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated...
>

> any error(s) in the "messages" windows ?

hmm its seems to have printed some errors on start-up that i missed... here
they are..

-Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'functions.inc'

File benchmark.pov line 3

-Parse Error: Cannot open include file functions.inc.

File benchmark.pov line 3

-Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L
switch or 'Library_Path='
..INI item. Standard include files are in the include directory or folder.
Please read your
documentation carefully.

File benchmark.pov line 3

I don't know if that answers your question.. upon render no errors were
printed in the message box... only these that were there upon start-up.
Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message