POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : My first render (my first problem) : Re: My first render (my first problem) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:09:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first render (my first problem)
From: palom
Date: 10 Feb 2006 20:25:01
Message: <web.43ed3c5aed9f3ae97a2179180@news.povray.org>
"kurtz_le_pirate" <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:

> web.43ec1daded9f3ae97a2179180@news.povray.org...

> > I don't know if that answers your question.. upon render no errors
> > were
> > printed in the message box... only these that were there upon
> > start-up.
> > Any ideas?
> >

> yes they are!
>
> this is a common problem with newbies : povary don't know where
> "includes" are.
> to do that do :
>  - edit -> preferences
>  - choose "scenes" tab.
>  - clic "add" button. in the navigator window, find the "include"
> folder
>    normaly in the povray folder. click "choose".
>  - now in the "global include paths" box you have the path to the
> "include"
>    folder.
>
> that's all ! now you can render yours scenes and/or the benchmark
> without error.
>

> klp

Crazy enough as it is.  I allready had that done, learned about it from
another person who had the same problem.  Mine gives no error, that error
it seems that I wrote out i had fixed when I put the global include path.
It still doesn't render though.  It gives no error at all.  The render
choices in the render menu are completely gray.  I open the Render Que from
the windows menu and then i hit add file, then start render que.  When it
tries to render my file it brings up the code and doesn't do anything..

If you have any ideas please give me a shout..