POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : My first render (my first problem) : My first render (my first problem) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:44:54 EDT (-0400)
  My first render (my first problem)
From: palom
Date: 9 Feb 2006 01:35:01
Message: <web.43eae28b65b0bef67a2179180@news.povray.org>
I read up on the documentation and have gained a general knowledge of the
code.  My problem is I cannot render anything.  The documentation merely
says

, "That's it! We close the file and render a small picture of it using
whatever methods you used for your particular platform. If you specified a
preview display it will appear on your screen. If you specified an output
file (the default is file output on), then POV-Ray also created a file."

My render buttons are all grayed out.  I read through some other people's
messages and managed to bring up the render que, then i added one of the
projects and hit start rendering from que which lighted up after i brought
up the que window.  What happened was it merely brought up my code and
beeped.  I tried rendering the demos and such to receive the same results.
If someone could help me as to the way to start rendering, I'm a complete
noob..

I'm running on a PowerBook G4, Version 10.4.4, 1.67 GHz processor, 1GB DDR
SDRAM

whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated...