POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : My first render (my first problem) : Re: My first render (my first problem) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first render (my first problem)
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 10 Feb 2006 05:33:09
Message: <43ec6be5$1@news.povray.org>

web.43ec1daded9f3ae97a2179180@news.povray.org...

> I don't know if that answers your question.. upon render no errors
> were
> printed in the message box... only these that were there upon
> start-up.
> Any ideas?

yes they are!

this is a common problem with newbies : povary don't know where
"includes" are.
to do that do :
 - edit -> preferences
 - choose "scenes" tab.
 - clic "add" button. in the navigator window, find the "include"
folder
   normaly in the povray folder. click "choose".
 - now in the "global include paths" box you have the path to the
"include"
   folder.

that's all ! now you can render yours scenes and/or the benchmark
without error.

klp