POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : My first render (my first problem) : Re: My first render (my first problem) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first render (my first problem)
From: palom
Date: 10 Feb 2006 00:00:01
Message: <web.43ec1daded9f3ae97a2179180@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> In article <web.43eae28b65b0bef67a2179180@news.povray.org>,
>  "palom" <jor### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I read up on the documentation and have gained a general knowledge of the
> > code.  My problem is I cannot render anything.  The documentation merely
> > says
> >
> > , "That's it! We close the file and render a small picture of it using
> > whatever methods you used for your particular platform. If you specified a
> > preview display it will appear on your screen. If you specified an output
> > file (the default is file output on), then POV-Ray also created a file."
> >
> > My render buttons are all grayed out.  I read through some other people's
> > messages and managed to bring up the render que, then i added one of the
> > projects and hit start rendering from que which lighted up after i brought
> > up the que window.  What happened was it merely brought up my code and
> > beeped.  I tried rendering the demos and such to receive the same results.
> > If someone could help me as to the way to start rendering, I'm a complete
> > noob..
> >
> > I'm running on a PowerBook G4, Version 10.4.4, 1.67 GHz processor, 1GB DDR
> > SDRAM
> >
> > whatever you can do to help me would be appreciated...
>

> any error(s) in the "messages" windows ?

hmm its seems to have printed some errors on start-up that i missed... here
they are..

-Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'functions.inc'

File benchmark.pov line 3

-Parse Error: Cannot open include file functions.inc.

File benchmark.pov line 3

-Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L
switch or 'Library_Path='
..INI item. Standard include files are in the include directory or folder.
Please read your
documentation carefully.

File benchmark.pov line 3

I don't know if that answers your question.. upon render no errors were
printed in the message box... only these that were there upon start-up.
Any ideas?