POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV 3.5 Won't open Unix files? Server Time
4 May 2024 10:45:31 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.5 Won't open Unix files? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Jerry
Subject: POV 3.5 Won't open Unix files?
Date: 12 Jul 2002 18:07:56
Message: <jerry-9CEC13.15075512072002@netplex.aussie.org>
Does 3.5 not open Unix files, or am I doing something wrong? I created a
POV file by exporting from Terraform on OS X; POV would not open the
file; the file chooser allowed me to choose it, but POV would not open
it. If I went into BBEdit and changed the line endings to Mac line
endings, POV would then open the file. However, it then seemed to have
troubles with the include files (all of which also have Unix line
endings).

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've

Post a reply to this message

In article <jer### [at] netplexaussieorg> , Jerry
<jer### [at] acusdedu>  wrote:

> Does 3.5 not open Unix files, or am I doing something wrong? I created a
> POV file by exporting from Terraform on OS X; POV would not open the
> file; the file chooser allowed me to choose it, but POV would not open
> it. If I went into BBEdit and changed the line endings to Mac line
> endings, POV would then open the file. However, it then seemed to have
> troubles with the include files (all of which also have Unix line
> endings).

POV-Ray opens files with all line-endings.  I do not know what the problem
with you file could be.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg