POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:02:07 EDT (-0400)
  POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: smellenbergh
Subject: POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded
Date: 15 Nov 1999 13:06:38
Message: <1e1blgw.sg7yh61o9ojnkN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
We uploaded our latest version of our unofficial compile for Macintosh.

New in this version:
    -Upgraded the rendering engine with several patches.
    -Photons (real caustics).
    -Light & shadow controls with light groups.
    -Improved sampling methods for media.
    -Improved radiosity.
    -Solid triangle mesh and new mesh type: mesh2.
    -Smooth color triangle with different colors at each vertex.
    -New object type: Isoblob.
    -New patch type: rational bezier.
    -Object controls 'no_image', 'no_reflection'.
    -Colored attenuation in objects.
    -Double_illuminate to illuminate both sides of the object's surface.
    -UV mapping.
    -Reset child textures, so that transformations only affect the
      parent texture.
    -Slope dependent texture.
    -Several new patterns (triangle, square,....).
    -Added pigment function in Isosurface.
    -Transform points with vtransform().
    -Trace function to find the intersection point with an object.
    -New keywords 'image_height' and 'image_width' to use actual image
      size in the scene.
    -New keywords 'initial_frame', 'final_frame', 'initial_clock',
      'final_clock' and 'frame_number' to use actual clock
      values in the scene.
    -Added a link in the camera template to call the normal template.
    -Added links in the objects template to call pigment, normal and
      finish templates.
    -Added a panel in the application prefs dialog to set four
      additional include paths.
    -Added an indicator in the files & paths panel to show if 'use ini'
      is set.

Fixes and changes in this version:
    *Fixed a bug in the universal headers, that didn't allow to select
      text and pref files at the same time in the batch.
    *Fixed several small syntax errors in the template dialogs.
    *Using the edit button in the batch will also open text files
      (before only pref files).
    *Fixed a triangle bug.
    *Fixed number_of_waves bug.
    *Fixed bug in gamma with focal_blur .
    *Fixed a bug in movie and pict output. Caused problems when not
      opening the compression dialog.
    *Adapted all templates for the new keywords (patches). Unofficial
      keywords are shown in blue or with an asterix.
    *Rearanged layout for object templates.

You can find all these lovely things at:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh

Many thanks to all the authors of the patches, especially to Nathan Kopp
who we bothered a bit with our questions and bug reports :-)

Also many thanks to J. Grimbert who helped us getting the no-image and
no-refection patch to work.

Best regards,

Smellenbergh

--