POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded : image_height/image_width Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:01:26 EDT (-0400)
  image_height/image_width
From: smellenbergh
Date: 15 Nov 1999 18:27:54
Message: <1e1c5s7.rg85d918a8dmaN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

> smellenbergh wrote:
>
> >     -New keywords 'image_height' and 'image_width' to use actual image
> >       size in the scene.
>
> I'm a little fuzzy on this one. What is the difference in this feature
> compared to simply scaling the image ?

It's easy:
camera {
    perspective
    location <0.0, 0.0, -5>
    up y*image_height right x*image_width
    angle 60
    look_at <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
}

and your image is right, no mather what size you use. We have found it
very usefull while messing :-) with all those patches.
Image_height/width return the settings you use for the render.
It just makes things easier. There was already a patch but they used the
keywords screen_height and screen width, we think that talking about the
image is more accurate.

smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe