POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded : Re: POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-RayUnofficial 3.1g MultiPatch for Macintosh PPC/68k uploaded
From: smellenbergh
Date: 15 Nov 1999 18:36:38
Message: <1e1c6qo.15x3cqp157osoaN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:

> Did you do something to the basic render method? I have been working on a
> file with the previous release, and grabbedthis one right away. It uses
> nothing but standard primitives, and when I render it in the new version it
> includes a large shadow, a bunch of red spheres now have blue edges,
> andwhile cylinders have light blue "auras". Plus the shadow has some
> distinctive blocks in it.
We carefully watched that renders are the same as when using the
official version. However, we use the uv_patch 6.1+ as a base and there
are still some little bugs in it (harmless and we were sure  we avoided
them)

> Any ideas? I can post some examples if it'd help?
Please do, that is the only way to find out what is going on. Just mail
them to us and we will check it out.

> Josh English
>
> (ps, when I went back to the old version, the Editor Prefs were all messed
> up, syntatic coloring was messed up real bad.. I know, I should have
> seperated my pref files...)
Yes, that seems to be a problem. We changed a lot in the prefs and the
old version can't handle it. You will have to throw the prefs away in
the system folder or move them every time you use a differend version.
It's an old mistake that keeps following  us :-(

smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh