POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : uv mapping triangles in mesh {} Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:46:38 EDT (-0400)
  uv mapping triangles in mesh {} (Message 32 to 41 of 41)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: uv mapping triangles in mesh {}
Date: 29 Mar 2023 13:15:00
Message: <web.642471f7eebe912c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> int(da<=0) evaluate to 1 whenever da is zero or negative, and 0 if da is

Thanks, Alain.

OK - I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if it was some other
weird c++ assignment syntax.

I suppose I will just use some very large number to represent "inf".

- BW

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 1 Apr 2023 15:10:06
Message: <6428818e$1@news.povray.org>
Il 26/03/2023 20:39, Bald Eagle wrote:

> All in all, not bad for a weekend of coding.

Decisively intriguing!

Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Apr 2023 17:00:00
Message: <web.64289a46eebe912c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Decisively intriguing!
> Paolo

Thanks, Paolo.   A lot of your work has been inspiring over the years.
Glad you like it.

I hunted down a few of the things that had been challenging my sanity, fixed
them, and then wanted to show how the patterns looked when assembled in
hexagons.

It worked, then suddenly didn't.

I was using a macro to translate the hexagon, using X and Y as arguments.
Somehow that really screwed things up, as changing that to XX and YY let things
work properly again.

Must be some kind of scope leakage or something.
I've been hitting a lot of weird things like this lately.

Hope you like.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: