POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : uv mapping triangles in mesh {} : Re: uv mapping triangles in mesh {} Server Time
4 May 2024 10:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv mapping triangles in mesh {}
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Apr 2023 03:52:21
Message: <642fcbb5$1@news.povray.org>
Op 7-4-2023 om 02:09 schreef Bald Eagle:

>> Looks like I'll have to do manual assignments or play with weighting the
>> contribution of lines based on their individual area and/or distance from the
>> center.
>
> I haven't gone that far yet - I just adjusted a few things, and implemented a
> quick and dirty way to add in some color.   Looks pretty good when scaled down
> 50%.

I got the impression from your previous render that the 'dark' triangles
contained too much 'white'. Why not use - for such an example -
triangles going from (almost) black to (almost) white? That would make
more sense to me, at least here. For different uses/purposes, obviously,
you would need different types of triangles.

--
Thomas