POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Real-Time & Pre-Rendered Radiosity Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Real-Time & Pre-Rendered Radiosity (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: None
Subject: Real-Time & Pre-Rendered Radiosity
Date: 9 Aug 2003 12:34:19
Message: <Xns93D27FE4BC504None@204.213.191.226>
Have you guys seen NVidia's real-time Gas Station demo?  It uses radiosity
& soft-shadows.  The radiosity must have been done in another renderer and
applied as texture maps.  The lighting and soft shadows seem to be done in
real-time.

Is there a way to use Povray to render the required texture maps to use in
real-time 3D?  I guess it would involve to take each object's side, one at
a time, render it with an orthogonal camera, scaled to the objects's field
of view, with the rest of the objects in the scene to "no_image", or
something like that?

They have a video of the Gas Station demo available:
(you need to put following three lines on one for link)

http://www.nvidia.com/content/5900_videos/index_dl_720.asp?
task=settings&video=http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/5900
_videos/demos/Gas_Station_Demo

Post a reply to this message