POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Heckmans
Subject: Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects
Date: 20 Feb 2001 23:52:16
Message: <3A934972.96C708C7@igs.net>
I'm doing a project where I'm trying to automate
the creation of clickable image maps from pov-ray scenes.

Is there any easy way of finding the screen
coordinates of an object in the scene.
i.e. some internal way of converting from world to screen coords

Ivan Heckman
7 i c h @ q l i n k  -I really don't like spam-  . q u e e n s u .c a

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any easy way of finding the screen
> coordinates of an object in the scene.
> i.e. some internal way of converting from world to screen coords

This is not how POV-Ray works.  While not the perfect answer to your
question, this should help explain it:

<http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#wireframes>

       Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > Is there any easy way of finding the screen
> > coordinates of an object in the scene.
> > i.e. some internal way of converting from world to screen coords
>
> This is not how POV-Ray works.  While not the perfect answer to your
> question, this should help explain it:

This is not how POV-Ray works, but you can, knowing the coordinates of an
object and its dimensions, calculate the position of the object in the final
image.

For this you must know: 1- The coordinates of the object in the POV-Ray
world
                                     2- The camera location, look_at,
direction, angle, etc.

                                     3- The size of the final image.