POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects : Re: Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding Screen Coordinates of Objects
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 27 Feb 2001 14:08:50
Message: <3a9bfb42@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:> In povray.general Pablo Viojo <pvi### [at] adinetcomuy> wrote:
>   Quite complicated math if you want to support every camera type (eg.
> panoramic, ultra_wide_angle, spherical...). Also if you want to support
> non-orthogonal camera coordinates it makes it more complicated :)
>   Not to talk about camera normal modifiers...

The +UG INI file option (Draw-Vista's on) will display the 2D projections of
the bounding slabs, do you know if POV-Ray can be asked to write out this
image as a separate file.

I know this isn't a solution to the problem, but it might be a little bit
closer, and perhaps easier to build the image_map from. On a complicated
scene, I don't think it will help much at all as it draws so many boxes that
yu cannot tell one from the other, but it suggests to me that POV must
preform these calculations before it starts rendering.

Any use ?

--
Duncan Gray
(warning: may contain traces of nut)