POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  POV 4 ideology proposal (Message 54 to 63 of 63)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
Date: 15 Apr 1999 10:33:57
Message: <3715eac5.0@news.povray.org>
I agree with what you said except for:

> Translucency is just filtered opacity really.

Because it isn't... remember translucency is depth dependant...

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Apr 1999 13:15:06
Message: <3716108a.0@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote in message <3715eac5.0@news.povray.org>...
>I agree with what you said except for:
>
>> Translucency is just filtered opacity really.
>
>Because it isn't... remember translucency is depth dependant...

Filter and transmit would be, too, in RL. In POV you just have to add light
attenuation to the object for this to happen.

Margus

Post a reply to this message