POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 12 May 1999 15:26:15
Message: <3739a95f.52944926@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:20:46 -0400, Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

>For all of you who dislike the concept of object oriened POV script, I think
>one thing should be clarified.  At least some of us are proposting a semi-
>object oriented language... where we implement the encapsulation and (in a
>wierd way) inheritence, but NOT data hiding.  That means you can access
>parts of an object but you don't have to do so through methods.
>
>The main reason I want to do this is because I think that for POV go get
>better for animation, it needs to be able to do an entire animation from
>a single script WITHOUT RE-PARSING BETWEEN FRAMES!!!!!

Oh boy. Calms down to avoid calling  Nathan "God". OK, I'm ready.

You know, that idea isn't half bad. I could seriously make use of that
:)

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail