POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Mike
Date: 16 Apr 1999 10:46:23
Message: <37173F15.6768A30B@aol.com>
True, but the double_sidedness would be a fast trick.  Depth could be
simulated with nothing more that a varied illumination from the other side.
What I'm thinking of is like a leaf or a curtain.  If there was a way to
specify how much of the illuminated side of the surface shows through, things
like the viens in a leaf or the weave in cloth could be simulated.

Perhaps an opacity_map could be specified within double_sided {} :)

-Mike