POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Preview Mode for POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Preview Mode for POV-Ray (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: Preview Mode for POV-Ray
Date: 28 Feb 1999 18:44:50
Message: <36d9d4f2.0@news.povray.org>
The only annoying thing I run into when using POV-ray is the inability to
preview my scenes.  I spend a seemingly endless amount of time rendering,
re-rendering, re-rendering,... just to get the camera and lighting position
I need.

OpenGL offers an easy to implement, raster scan technology that could be
(easily?) implemented in POV-Ray.  It would be ideal for generating previews
so the user could determine camera, lighting, etc and then do the final
render with the ray-tracer.  If I knew how to do C++, I'd do it myself but
since I don't, is there anyone out there who would like to add this
IMMENSELY useful feature to POV?

Please, please, please, .....

--
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights beyond compare!

Be sure to read the Warp maintained POV VFAQ:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html

Post a reply to this message