POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Preview Mode for POV-Ray : Re: Preview Mode for POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preview Mode for POV-Ray
From: Spider
Date: 28 Feb 1999 19:03:32
Message: <36D9D7E8.38BF972D@bahnhof.se>
OpenGL is not a good choice, since it's not avaiable at all in DOS.
tried quickColour and such settings ??? I have a generral preveiw variable in my
scens, only to remove all more timeconsuming things(mirrors, fog, changing a
difference to a uinion(faster with text objects), or removing it totally and so
on.
If you want preview, my best tip is to get a modeller. :-)
And, I doubt it is so easy to implement a rastered engine to the pov-code,
remember that a scene always needs to be parsed before working, and what would
happen to the preview if I had som really nasty macros in the scene??? no, it
won't work on this level. And, I don't think there is a good OpenGl on any other
platform than windoze, perhaps X in unix, but I don't have that platform so I
don't know.

Sorry, but you can really make one if you want. :-)
--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]