POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  This year's most ARROGANT email (Message 46 to 55 of 105)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Z - This year's most ARROGANT letter
Date: 24 Sep 1998 11:45:30
Message: <360A5B41.AC58D40D@pacbell.net>
Scott Hill wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in article
> <36054595.82F405B0@pacbell.net>...
> > povray.org admin team wrote:
> >
> >     I agree with what you say although the British are not
> > immune from doing the same thing. Take the common
> > expressions "telly" and "uni" for the correct pronounciation
> > of television and university.
>
> <pointless pedantry>
>
>         Actually "telly" and "uni" are abbreviations. And any how it's our
> language do with what we please, the rest of you lot are just borrowing it.
> <\pointless pedantry>
> --
> Scott Hill

Borrowing it Sir ? Why the population base of North America
originaly started as a British colony. Throw in some Frenchies,
a few spanish, and and a handfull of  Dutch. It's been over 200
years now since we decided the British way of life was too
restrictive and you guy's just can't seem to get over it. We have
forgiven you though.
    Now as far as "we" just borrowing your language that just is
not true. The "American" language is evolving at a tremendous rate.
We are absorbing the worlds homeless, in large numbers annualy,
and as a consequence it is becoming a true multi-national language.
     America ! We are the world.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message