POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity Status: Giving Up... (Message 175 to 184 of 194)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
Date: 3 Jan 2009 08:05:01
Message: <web.495f6189cd9d1e758f3cb1a30@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   For the umpteeth time, that doesn't make any freaking sense.

And for the umpteeth time, we just plainly disagree with the categorical "not
any" part of the statement of yours, because we do see some *possible* sense in
it.

>   When I ask about any concrete evidence that any operating system out
> there is planning to actively deny access to the FPU, all I get is
> material which talks about compilers migrating to SSE in 64-bit systems,
> which has nothing to do with the issue.

.... and some statement from AMD that, for some reason, hints that some OS or the
other *may* actually go that path.

It's out there to read, and may *or* may not be based on sound plans by some
vendors. But it's there.

So when you keep crying out "why, it can't make any sense", I'd say there may be
some after all.

Post a reply to this message