POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2009 12:59:54
Message: <495fa79a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It's not *my* definition.

 From WikiPedia:

"""
An operating system (commonly abbreviated OS and O/S) is the infrastructure
software component of a computer system; it is responsible for the
management and coordination of activities and the sharing of the limited
resources of the computer. The operating system acts as a host for
applications that are run on the machine. As a host, one of the purposes of
an operating system is to handle the details of the operation of the
hardware. This relieves application programs from having to manage these
details and makes it easier to write applications.
"""

Sure sounds like MS-DOS to me. And CP/M, and TRS-DOS, for that matter.
Unless you don't count memory, serial and parallel ports, keyboard, disk
space, and network connections as "limited resources".

Follow-ups yet again redirected.
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)