POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Scattering media, lightgroups and shadowless lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media, lightgroups and shadowless lights (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Scattering media, lightgroups and shadowless lights
Date: 4 Mar 2002 06:36:43
Message: <3c835c4b@news.povray.org>
Isn't the illumination of scattering media technically a shadow test?
Thus a shadowless light...

From: JRG
Date: 4 Mar 2002 13:15:24
Message: <3c83b9bc@news.povray.org>
I don't think it's a good idea to have a flag which implies other flags. Why should
the shadowless flag imply media_interaction off? I think each flag should be specific
(that's why I'd personally love a no_radiosity and a no_specular flag).

Or, at least, this behaviour should be documented.

--
Jonathan.

"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> ha scritto nel messaggio
>   Isn't the illumination of scattering media technically a shadow test?
> Thus a shadowless light...
>
> --
> #macro N(D)#if(D>99)cylinder{M()#local D=div(D,104);M().5,2pigment{rgb M()}}
> N(D)#end#end#macro M()<mod(D,13)-6mod(div(D,13)8)-3,10>#end blob{
> N(11117333955)N(4254934330)N(3900569407)N(7382340)N(3358)N(970)}//  - Warp -

Post a reply to this message