POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the lowest pixel getting dimmed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  the lowest pixel getting dimmed (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: KalleK
Subject: the lowest pixel getting dimmed
Date: 21 Dec 2001 19:00:19
Message: <3c23cd13@news.povray.org>
Hi!
I know this will be a wired description (and sorry for the headline),
but I try:
Render an animation of this one:
about 50 (or 100) frames (AA) height:3 width:20

///start
default { finish {ambient 1}}
/// +w20 +h3
#local F = function(x,y,z) {1-min(abs(z),1)}
box {-1,1
 pigment {
  function {F(x,y,z)}
  color_map {
   [0.0 color rgb 0]
   [1.0 color green 1]
  }
  scale .4
 }
 rotate y*90
}

camera {
 location <0,1,0>
 orthographic
 right <1,0,0>*2
 up <0,1,0>*2
 look_at 0
 translate x*sin(clock*2*pi)
}
///end

(it was written to make a vertical "copper" - this kind of
assemblertrick: moving a colored bar in the background in textmode -
but vertical)

Make the renderwindow fullscreen and look at the lowest of the three
pixel while realtime-rendering: The first half of the animation they
are as bright as the ones above, the other half they are somewhat 50%
dimmed.
I don't know what it's comming from lowering up and right in the
camera reduces but doesn't solve the problem.
It was working with beta 8 - something has to be changed.

amd 1.4GHz Win98

thank you for looking into this!

Kalle

Post a reply to this message