POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the lowest pixel getting dimmed : Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Dec 2001 11:03:40
Message: <3c24aedc@news.povray.org>
In article <3c24a085$1@news.povray.org> , "Anders K."
<and### [at] prostard2gcom> wrote:

> Your problem sounds very much like a case of the half-pixel camera bug. That
> bug has not been fixed in beta 9.

It hasn't been a problem for 15 years, so I would say it isn't a bug but
standard behavior of POV-Ray.  Thus, changing it is a feature request...

> As for it only being visible in the second
> half, the AA threshold is playing tricks on you. If you use either +am2 or
> +a0.0, the bug is visible through the whole animation.

I think so, too.  Adjusting either the box size of the camera position will
make it look as expected.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde