POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification
Date: 7 Dec 2001 08:02:04
Message: <3c10bdcc@news.povray.org>
The following is the description for the workaround when using Windows with
INI files.  For the Mac version you can either use INI files or simply add
the one line as the first function in your scene as suggested previously.

Create a scene file with one line

    #declare foo__ = function { 0 } // or any other unused name

Save the scene file under whatever name you like in a location that is
readable by the file io restrictions and a valid include directory.  Lets
say you named the file "workaround.inc".  Now open your povray.ini file and
add this line to it.

    Include_Header=workaround.inc

Note that you may only have one Include_Header per scene, so this workaround
will require you to disable any other Include_Header option you might have.
This will permanently work around all problems with functions in beta 8.
The problem will be resolved in the next beta version.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> This will permanently work around all problems with functions in beta 8.

Unless your me, in which case it doesn't  :-(

Post a reply to this message