POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification : Re: Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Workaround for function problems in beta 8 without scene file modification
From: bob h
Date: 7 Dec 2001 15:28:57
Message: <3c112689@news.povray.org>
I'm certain I have done the suggested workaround correctly, put the
Include_Header= line at beginning of povray.ini after trying at end too.  I
left the function the same and made the filename beta8fix.inc.

#declare F_p=function {
        pigment {bozo
                color_map {
                [0 color rgb 0][1 color rgb 1]
        }}
}

isosurface {
        function {y-F_p(x,y,z).gray}
        contained_by {box {-1,1}}
 texture {pigment {rgb 1}}
  rotate -45*x translate 3*z
}

light_source {<10,10,-10>,1}

The following output occured once, however the crashes are random.  I've
tried many different isosurface scenes.

Fatal Error: Floating-point exception detected in function 'F_im'. Your
function either attempted a division by zero, used a function outside its
domain or called an internal function with invalid parameters.

Returned from renderer with error status
Possible Rendering Error: libpng: No IDATs written into file
Rendering Error: Cannot write PNG file.

Returned from renderer with error status

CPU time used: kernel 0.11 seconds, user 0.02 seconds, total 0.13 seconds

[WinXP, 800MHz P3, 512MB SDRAM]