POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Group animation project proposal Server Time
25 Jul 2024 16:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Group animation project proposal (Message 20 to 29 of 29)
From: Rohan Bernett
Subject: Re: Group animation project proposal
Date: 7 Aug 2002 01:50:06
Message: <web.3d50b4bc9fdfa9aad02c7b870@news.povray.org>
Bad news... I contacted the publishers and the answer was no.

Here is a copy of their reply:

=========begin quoted=========

Dear Rohan Bernett

Harry Potter

Thank you for your email sent today regarding your proposal to make a
raytraced animated version of the Harry Potter books.

I regret to inform you that we are not offering these rights for the
foreseeable future.

In addition, we would ask you to kindly note that 'Harry Potter' and
other images; names and places from this series of books are subject to
complex contractual commitments and trademark restrictions and would
therefore not be available for use by you in any future project.

I am sorry for this disappointing response but would like to thank you
for your interest and enthusiasm in this series of books.

With best wishes

Yours sincerely

Christopher Little
(Agent to J K Rowling)

Another great idea ruined because of legal nasties. *sigh* :-(

Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message