POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: space cadet
Subject: Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions.
Date: 8 Jun 2006 20:35:00
Message: <web.4488c10d59ab02efc052e9200@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm hoping this is simple, and I'm just not seeing it.

I have a CSG object that I image_map spherically. I need to scale that image
wrapping in the UV coords, NOT the xyz.

I have this:

intersection { // CSG001
  sphere { sphere stuff}
  cone { cone stuff}
  pigment {image_map {png "pic.png" map_type 1 interpolate 2}
  finish{ ambient 0 diffuse 1}
}

if I add a uniform scale transformation, it has no effect. If I scale with a
nonuniform xyz vector, I get weird results that I dont understand. If I use
the uv_wrapping keyword, it does stuff I dont understand.

Surely there's an easy way to just scale (and/or translate/rotate) the uv
wrapping on this, such that it will repeat.

Please help!  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

What you probably want is something along the lines of:

pigment
{ image_map { png "pic.png" interpolate 2 }
  scale .25
  warp { spherical }
}

--