POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions. : Re: Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scaling spherical wrap image in UV dimensions.
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jun 2006 12:32:28
Message: <4489a29b@news.povray.org>
space_cadet <poc### [at] grcnasagov> wrote:
> However, I gotta say, I have no idea what warp is about.

  A warp is basically a transformation (linear or non-linear; it doesn't
matter with textures) which can be applied in a chain of other transformations
and this order will be preserved (unlike eg. 'turbulence' which does not
preserve the order in which it was given relating to other transformations;
hence 'turbulence' and 'warp { turbulence }' are two different things).

  In this case the warp transformation is useful exactly because it
preserves the order of the transformations: The image is scaled *first*
and *then* a spherical transformation is applied to it.

--
                                                          - Warp