POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: BSSRDF Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BSSRDF (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Antonio Ferrari
Subject: Re: BSSRDF
Date: 10 Sep 2004 10:50:00
Message: <web.4141be081326a68bbe3dcf8c0@news.povray.org>
> To be frank this argument shown quite well the misconception you have
> about this effect.  POV-Ray scattering media is much more 'real' than
> any commonly used subsurface scattering trick you find advertised in
> other programs.

It's possible... Maybe I'm wrong. The problem is that I'm looking for some
help because I'm unable to reach the same effects I've seen in the
articles:

- http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/bssrdf/bssrdf.pdf
- http://www.tml.hut.fi/Opinnot/Tik-111.500/2002/paperit/kalle_koutajoki.pdf

or at these page:

- http://test.jzinfo.com/bssrdf.htm (in particular for teapot or work by
Jean Marc);

I'de like to use for marble objects the same effects I've seen, but I can't
find the right way to apply media and setup media parameters. Maybe someone
else have already experienced this... The messages I've read in the
newsgroups aren't sufficient...

For example is there a way to apply sub-surface scattering to a generic
object?
What is the best way to apply sss to a marble material?

I hope that anyone can help me. Meanwhile I'll try to experiment
furthermore in this direction.

Thanks.

Antonio

Post a reply to this message