POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Gouraud Shading??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Gouraud Shading??? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: annelize
Subject: Gouraud Shading???
Date: 30 Aug 2002 22:35:03
Message: <web.3d702a8b215c86447aca4b930@news.povray.org>
Hi
I just started learning Pov-Ray and I'm trying out different things. Is
tehre any way I can create Gouraud Shading ??

annelize :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias
Subject: Re: Gouraud Shading???
Date: 31 Aug 2002 06:26:24
Message: <3d7099d0$1@news.povray.org>
Gouraud Shading may be used with smooth-triangles,
look it up in the docs.

Essentially, you give a corner for a triangle plus
a surface normal for every corner, like this:

smooth_triangle{
 Corner_1, Normal_1, Corner_2,Normal_2, Corner_3,Normal_3
}

POV-Ray will interpolate the normals on the surface.
Its supposedly best to have the normals be unit-length-vectors,
which can be easily achieved with vnormalize().

That's just a rough outline, the docs explain a little more in detail.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde
"annelize" <ann### [at] tiscalidk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
> I just started learning Pov-Ray and I'm trying out different things. Is
> tehre any way I can create Gouraud Shading ??
>
> annelize :-)

Post a reply to this message

>  Corner_1, Normal_1, Corner_2,Normal_2, Corner_3,Normal_3
> }

  That does not do Gouraud shading.