POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Gouraud Shading??? : Re: Gouraud Shading??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gouraud Shading???
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Aug 2002 06:26:24
Message: <3d7099d0$1@news.povray.org>
Gouraud Shading may be used with smooth-triangles,
look it up in the docs.

Essentially, you give a corner for a triangle plus
a surface normal for every corner, like this:

smooth_triangle{
 Corner_1, Normal_1, Corner_2,Normal_2, Corner_3,Normal_3
}

POV-Ray will interpolate the normals on the surface.
Its supposedly best to have the normals be unit-length-vectors,
which can be easily achieved with vnormalize().

That's just a rough outline, the docs explain a little more in detail.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias