POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Limits of isosurface object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Limits of isosurface object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Alex
Subject: Limits of isosurface object
Date: 30 Aug 2002 11:55:04
Message: <web.3d6f93d0dbb361415e7f0160@news.povray.org>
What are the hard limits on the isosurface object?
How does the code scales wrt expression complexity?

what is the hard limit on the function in terms of operations and what are
practical limits?

Is it feasible to have a function of the form:

s(x) = p(x) + SUM{lambda * phi(|x - xi|), i=0..N}

where x and xi are vectors, with N very large (circa 100000)?

Alex

Post a reply to this message

> What are the hard limits on the isosurface object?
> How does the code scales wrt expression complexity?
>
> what is the hard limit on the function in terms of operations and what are
> practical limits?
>
> [...]

In short: RTFM.

Practical limits: Your computer's memory and your patience.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:08:47 +0200, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:
> Practical limits: Your computer's memory and your patience.

And your computer's cooler ;-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message