POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Applying noise to geometry Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Applying noise to geometry (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Applying noise to geometry
Date: 27 Feb 2023 19:10:00
Message: <web.63fd45ba2d7275891f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions/tree/master/findsurface/maggot%201.0
> Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was expected !
> It works fine, I need only to play with covering object's orientation a
> little.
> --
> YB

I haven't looked any of this over, but look over this thread, and see if any of
that helps you:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.603d82a3a906d8e31f9dae300%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.603
d82a3a906d8e31f9dae300%40news.povray.org%3E

-BW

Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Date: 27 Feb 2023 19:28:55
Message: <509e7f25-9981-680f-2c96-07e945f03104@gmail.com>
On 28/02/2023 03:07, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I haven't looked any of this over, but look over this thread, and see if any of
> that helps you:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.603d82a3a906d8e31f9dae300%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.603
> d82a3a906d8e31f9dae300%40news.povray.org%3E
Thanks, Bald, I will try it...

"Curiouser and curiouser!"
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 28 Feb 2023 02:00:00
Message: <web.63fda6072d72758917bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> thanks for ideas and examples. Although fist method works fine, second
> looks more attractive, as, I suppose, will allow 'decorate' imported
> mesh, which gives me more control on the object's shape.

I.i.r.c. Poseray https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/ can do mesh displacement
based on uv vectors and images. Never tried it myself.

ingo

Post a reply to this message