POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Applying noise to geometry : Re: Applying noise to geometry Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Applying noise to geometry
From: yesbird
Date: 28 Feb 2023 04:11:45
Message: <187e6d9f-5718-273a-e80e-62604d14708c@gmail.com>
On 28/02/2023 11:29, ingo wrote:
> A long time ago I wrote an unfinished tool to convert mesh2 to obj files.
> Something like that could be made to write a bunch of pov-ray arrays to a file.
> Then you have full control over the mesh and can transform it by using uv
> information and functions.
> Or, ask FlyerX to add such an option to Poseray, if they are still working on
> it.
Thanks for another idea, but I would like to stay 'inside' POV as long
as possible, avoiding external tools. Now, after a few experiments, I
see, that adding some arbitrary 'extensions' to geometry (as in the
attached image, for ex.) is not too complicated.

Maybe I will try to shift the mesh's vertices according to some noise
function too.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message