POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:51:18 EDT (-0400)
  A bunch of feature requests! (Message 60 to 69 of 69)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A bunch of feature requests!
Date: 25 Jun 2010 17:50:49
Message: <4c2524b9$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> It sounds more to me like YOU are gaming the system, using your position
> as a leader in the POV community to abuse people around you.

(The sounds of munching popcorn ensue.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 25 Jun 2010 21:14:00
Message: <4c255458$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.06.2010 20:20, schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:

> No, it would not be more productive because SharkD's goal is not to
> help, but to game the system:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AGAME>. How do I conclude his
> main goal is causing disruption? - He has used the tactic of malicious
> compliance after he was prohibited from vandalizing the Wiki. Next he
> moved to the bug tracker. As such, his "help" simply is not wanted
> because he is not serious in helping the POV-Ray community, but rather
> to poison it.

Hm... so, for instance, summarizing the (more constructive) results of
this discussion on the Wiki is no help?

I prefer to disagree.

And as we're on it inferring a person's motives from their actions alone
and right in their face: I'm more in for "don't assume malice where
stupidity will suffice".

(Sorry Mike, just wording it this way for the sake of the quote.)

Post a reply to this message