POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
2 May 2024 05:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jun 2010 21:14:00
Message: <4c255458$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.06.2010 20:20, schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:

> No, it would not be more productive because SharkD's goal is not to
> help, but to game the system:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AGAME>. How do I conclude his
> main goal is causing disruption? - He has used the tactic of malicious
> compliance after he was prohibited from vandalizing the Wiki. Next he
> moved to the bug tracker. As such, his "help" simply is not wanted
> because he is not serious in helping the POV-Ray community, but rather
> to poison it.

Hm... so, for instance, summarizing the (more constructive) results of
this discussion on the Wiki is no help?

I prefer to disagree.

And as we're on it inferring a person's motives from their actions alone
and right in their face: I'm more in for "don't assume malice where
stupidity will suffice".

(Sorry Mike, just wording it this way for the sake of the quote.)