POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
6 May 2024 12:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  A bunch of feature requests! (Message 21 to 30 of 69)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: A bunch of feature requests!
Date: 20 Jun 2010 10:40:42
Message: <4c1e286a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 12:33, schrieb SharkD:

>> Well, still Christoph Lipka had to close it because you never said so.
>> The logical assumption here then is that given Grimbert J�r�me (Le
>> Forgeron) provided a solution with existing SDL that the issue was
>> resolved.
>
> Grimbert was not suggesting a solution using SDL, he was suggesting a
> /course of action/ on how the feature should be implemented by devs!

I don't think so...

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2010 11:03:47
Message: <4c1e2dd3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 11:14, schrieb SharkD:

> As for setting/overriding metrics, even an HTML coder can override
> things like x height using things like font-size-adjust and font-stretch.

You're forgetting that HTML browsers' main job is to display text.
POV-Ray's main job is to render 3D images, which /occasionally/ may
include text. Please understand that POV-Ray can therefore not
double-act as a desktop publishing software.

But I do agree that a proper way to /get/ font metrics is a prerequisite
to implement macros providing higher-level text layout capability.

As for font-size-adjust, this can easily achieved in POV-Ray by relative
scaling; as for font-stretch, this can either be achieved by non-uniform
scaling (e.g. faux condensed or faux expanded), or by choosing the
appropriate font file (condensed or expanded font face, i.e. with
individually designed glyphs).

>>> Ability to change the order of editor tabs by dragging them
>>
>> This is Windows only, I suppose.
>
> Why is that? Are Linux users too primitive to benefit from this feature?

Well, /POV-Ray for Linux/ is "too primitive" for users to benefit from
the feature, because it doesn't come with a GUI at all.

Post a reply to this message