POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
19 May 2024 03:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Jun 2010 14:20:00
Message: <web.4c1e5b1355d1933d42ae90b20@news.povray.org>
SharkD <pos### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 6/20/2010 5:44 AM, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> >> Why is that? Are Linux users too primitive to benefit from this feature?
> >
> > Yes, they are! They have no editor supplied by POV-Ray!
>
> Didn't realize this, sorry.

We're not primitive.  We just enjoy using far superior text editors.  Both vim
and emacs kick povray's Windows editor's butt major time, complete with syntax
highligh, generalized textual completion and user code templates.  No point
degrading. :)

I don't think it'd be useful for povray developers to try to duplicate such
functionality either, just give us the glorious backend.