POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
19 May 2024 02:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2010 11:18:59
Message: <4c1e3163$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 15:21, schrieb StephenS:

>> Subdivision support
> I like this, but is it natively thread safe? I very much like to see smp POV-Ray
> released, and then add more features that need development time to work with
> multi-threads.

There's still a difference between rejecting a feature request (which to
me reads, "never going to happen"), and just keeping it unimplemented
for now.

I think at present /all/ feature requests must be expected to be
postponed until SMP POV-Ray (aka 3.7 final release) is out of the door,
and any exception to this is just... well, an exception. So I see no
reason to close feature requests on a "won't implement in 3.7" basis.