POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
27 May 2024 09:55:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: SharkD
Date: 20 Jun 2010 12:29:49
Message: <4c1e41fd$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/20/2010 7:21 AM, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> If you flood the bug reporter with one-line feature requests, you cannot
> expect more than one-line responses. Don't expect people to worm all
> information out of you. Reports should be as complete and coherent as
> possible. This is the minimum courtesy you have to pay to those reading
> your ideas: In short, you want others to do something for you that they
> have no obligation to do for you. The best way to reach that goal is
> showing that you respect their valuable time. You expected the opposite.
>
> Thorsten

Look, I made most of my feature requests within the span of a week after
having been *told* to go there under the assumption that there would be
discussion, and you closed them within the span of a day with little or
no discussion. If there was a problem with request descriptions being
too short you could have just said so. And I don't see much evidence
that *other* people besides you had much difficulty understanding them.

--
http://isometricland.com