POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Internal reflactions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Internal reflactions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: LEDpipe
Subject: Internal reflactions
Date: 26 Jan 2006 16:33:21
Message: <43d94021@news.povray.org>
Does POV-Ray properly render internal reflactions?  I can't seem to get it
to.  I'm trying to set up a light pipe that should be near TIR (total
internal reflaction).  What I've tried so far is to wrap the pipe with a
mirror, but that isn't quite the correct to do this.

Ideally, the surface smoothness would affect the internal reflections so I
could correctly model what happens on a scuffed or scratched surface.

Post a reply to this message